Brew Time: Seasonal or Spur of the Moment

With 2015 finally over and the New Year goals fresh on our to do lists, what are your brewing goals for this year? Are you a seasonal brewer or do you brew what you feel like?

I would say I fall under the spur of the moment brewer, to a point, although until now I haven't had much flexibility in brews so it really just has been picking what kit I liked the sound of at the time of ordering. 

Now though I have much more choice and variety of what I can do. Maybe this year I'll do a Rhubarb Saison or a Pumpkin Ale?? 



I've never really been a Stout or Porter drinker; I have the odd bottle/pint of Guinness/Chocolate porter/Double IPA/Innis & Gunn that would warrant being seasonal but I'd much prefer something refreshing & flavourful anytime of the year like a Proper Job or Punk IPA.

With the seasons seemingly shifting right, the coldest weather still hasn't hit, I may have to retract my statement and want a darker heavier beer by then, but by the time its fully brewed the first of Spring flowers probably will be appearing. If I have any of these urges, then that is what these commercial supermarket beers are for - the odd one or two to satisfy - it’s always good to boost the bottle tally for my next home brew too. 

Until next time...........Happy Brewing!





Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment