Priming: Calculations are key



Ever had any bottle bombs due to over carbonation? 
Ever had a flat beer from under carbonation?
Branching out on creating different styles in 2016?

I have recently come across a few Priming Sugar Calculators that will help, it certainly opened my eyes to the different beers styles and amount of sugar & CO2 that is recommended.


When I first starting brewing I came across a quick and fast rule of the sugar amount, which with the beers I was brewing probably made them off style and in cases slightly over carbonated. 

The best one I found was Homebrew Dad's Priming Sugar Calculator  this calculator has both the option to input the desired CO2 level that you want to achieve (for the science boffin). If you like me find it easier to relate to the styles they have a very extensive list to select from and aims to place the carbonation at the mid range level of each style. 

A very useful tool indeed! I'll certainly be using it in the future.

Until Next time......Happy Brewing. 


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment