Beer Style 'Research'

Following on from my other post this week I've cracked open another beer in a similar style Jet Black Heart, however it doesn't either call itself a stout or really fit into the style quite right either.

Batemans Mocha Beer isn't a bad beer, however after the initial wow (taste of coffee and chocolate) within first 1/4 of the bottle I felt then kind of bored with it.
It smells much like it tastes. Coffee with a chocolate, almost syrupy like flavour. Some little dark malts. Pretty fizzy actually, kind of like Coca Cola on the verge of going flat.

The head dissappeared very quickly, the colour is black however has some deep red hues when up to the light.

Given the choice I would choose Jet Black Heart. For a few reasons, one was that the mouthfeel was better, it left me thinking I just had an milkshake. There was more 'layers of flavour ' with the malty and berry like aspect as well.

Until next time.....Happy Brewing


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment