All change....meet the newest addition....Galactic Panda (Black IPA)


It's a time for change for the blog. I have given it a little face lift as it was looking a little dated and not didn't really suit what I wanted to do with the blog, so over the course of this week, I tweaked a design and now have the look I kind of always had in mind. 
I am still developing the Recipe section so watch this space for more improvements. 

How do you like the new look?

Another change.... or addition depending on how you see it, is my existing Black IPA 'Fimbulwinter' has now become 'Galactic Panda'.  


Why might you ask I've changed the name?

Well I haven't just changed the name, I have also modified the recipe slightly, last time I found that I nailed the malt base of 'Fimbulwinter' however the feedback I had from it was that it seemed more of a fizzy porter/stout like, it wasn't quite what I was aiming for!



So, after the success of G.E.B. that showcases Galaxy hops, I did a little research to find that it also works well in Black IPA's (taking into consideration the quantity needed for a balanced flavour, of course).

Now modified, all apart from a Magnum addition at the start, it’s Galaxy hops for all other additions. 

What will become of 'Fimbulwinter'?

Well it will still be kept as part of what I want to call my 'core' range of beers eventually, however over the last few months I have really wanted to try my hand at doing a proper stout, well a Milk Stout anyway. 

By myself reading the Brew your Own (BYO) Magazines each month, they really give you some inspiration. I feel I could really enjoy having a Milk Stout as some kind of 'Dessert' beer during a long soak in the bath. 

I just now want to try some examples to get my bearings on the style, any suggestions?

Until next time.......Happy Brewing


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment