Welcome to the BrannBrew Tap Room



On many home brewers wish lists is a Brew fridge / kegregator or fermentation chamber.


 I for one have been one of those brewers, and I also know for one that you can drive your wife nuts going back and forth in deciding do you actually need one, rather than just wanting one!

I had all the parts to my keg setup already - Keg ✓ Keg Taps ✓  Co2 Canister ✓ Various lengths of 3/8" inch tubing ✓  All I really needed was a way to constantly keep the temperature, I was struggling to keep up with keeping 2 kegs chilled as water bottles in my cool brewing bag were defrosting too quickly and the temperature was fluctuating by about 7 degrees. Our main fridge/freezer was also struggling to freeze 8L of water in 2l bottles too.





So with abit of birthday money I bought a Beko fridge, one that could cope with the ambient temperatures that an outhouse/garage has.



Currently I have fridge magnets from the main fridge and a calendar to mark F1 dates and brew days. I'm looking at doing fridge magnets of the keg/tap labels to show what's on tap. Eventually I'll have a magnet chalk board but at the moment I like the randomness of the decoratations and the keg/tap labels will look really good once I print them off on magnet paper.

Now for the important inside.
 
I have 2 perlick 650s flow control taps, the one with the wooden handle is a newer model and seems better, has an extra gasket inside the tap and the flow handle is peiced together better.

I have a three way John guest splitter from my co2 canister, two tubes feed kegs and one spare to purge any bottles or growlers.

Each of the 3/8" tubing have a flow control cut off close to the spilter, useful when I only want to focus on 1 of the outlets. At the end of each tube is a quick release/push fit connector, making it easier for maintenance/cleaning.

The co2 canister lives outside the fridge so I can monitor the pressure easier.
I also use my inkbird temp controller so that the fridge is only on when it needs to be, saving electricity. It holds the temperature well however when I open it in this heat it quickly rises a few degrees but chills back down just as quick.

All seems pretty good and a solution to my problems, especially when I had the taps and didn't want to drill the fridge door to put proper shank taps in to make a proper kegregator.
Hopefully this gives some pointers for other brewers if you've been thinking of doing the same steps.

Until next time...... Happy brewing





Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment