Brann's Breakfast Stout Update


It's been now sometime in the bottles and Brann's breakfast stout has come into its own. Definite Chocolate and very smooth. Not too much coffee, which I don't know if its a good thing or not, didn't want it too overwhelming but enough to taste. So within the recipe I've added more coffee to the addition as well as upping the the lactose very slightly too. No great changes just slight improvements.

Nailing this recipe has given me ideas to do some extra seasonal recipes based on Brann's Breakfast Stout. One I had in mind to add Orange Peel during primary fermentation to make it a chocolate orange stout, another idea would be to add bourbon chips to make a bourbon breakfast stout.

So come the stages of adding these to primary I'll split the batch next time and add 1/2 to my SS conical fermentor and transfer the other 1/2 to my watch I use for my bottling bucket as I would bottle 1 batch before the other anyway, as I'll probably leave the bourbon chips for a week and the orange peel for slightly less.

Until next time....Happy brewing




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment