Brew Day Music

Do you listen to music while brewing? Do you have a dedicated playlist or create one based on mood prior to the big day?

Regardless if I've only brewed a kit or an extract on the cooker top I've always liked to have something on in the background. I write what I'm listening to in my beer journal to keep track of what I've been listening too, its a nice little remembrance thing like in a normal diary, a piece of history. Even though current musical tastes are lent towards the Alt. Rock side of the spectrum. 

Like the saying that people play music to plants to encourage growth, its like in beer you wont get the same outcome playing two different styles of music. My wife must even think I talk to the brew during fermentation. I've haven't done this yet, but I've been very close to and always "tuck it to bed". 

With now not owning a dedicated CD player and not really using my iPod very much now, I've virtually gone digital within the "cloud".



I'm brewing my second extract brew (Hob Goblin Clone) tomorrow and have setup a Spotify Playlist built around the punk rock songs from early 2000. Clocking in at just under 4 hours for a complete run of the playlist should cover most if not all of the brew day activities.
Feel free to follow the playlist yourself (or play via the embedded player below) and enjoy some classic songs! On your own brew day. 


 Until Next Time.......Happy Brewing 




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment